26 December 2008

Beeswax collages

Sorry in advance for the blurry close ups our nikon digi isn't working.So am using our older digi. Having those extra pixles really makes a difference.Can't wait to get it fixed.

I took a class to learn how to do beeswax on canvas. I love how it turned out.Using perfect pearls at the end really brings out the textures.













This is my second one. The smell of melted beeswax in my craft room is really relaxing. The picture I used came in a photo frame that I brought. Because I really liked the picture and frame so much I brought quite a few more to put our old photo's in,(well you never know when you might need them)LOL

To me this picture says it all a mothers love of her child.







10 comments:

Libby Dyson said...

These are just lovely Wendy. I love the subtle tones you have achieved. Um may have to try this technique LOL TFS

femminismo said...

Beeswax is fun to use. I love the smell of it while working and on the page or piece of artwork. What are "perfect pearls"? Must be a product, for I didn't see any pearls. I adore the key in the picture. I see you used keys in other work, too. Best to you this holiday season. jeanne in Oregon and a SoulJournaler

Linda D. said...

Nice work. I love beeswax collage too, never used perfect pearls tho. I find that rubbing the wax with a soft cloth brings out the shine, if wanted. Have fun :)

Jodi said...

Beautiful work, Wendy -- it has such a soft feel. Love all the various elements you used.

Sharon House said...

Nice Wendy! Working with beeswax leaves such a nice smell and the results are spectacular.

Sharon
http://www.mystoryart.com

ANNETTE HUSBAND said...

Gorgeous Wendy...I adore using beeswax...hhhmmm must play with mine again soon
hugs
Annette

Michi Michaelson, Orange County, CA said...

Hi Wendy!
I just LOVE LOVE LOVE your Beeswax art!!! It is SO BEAUTIFUL and soft-looking!

Michi Michaelson, Orange County, CA said...

Hi Wendy!
THANK YOU so much for visiting my blog and leaving such a nice comment on my beading!! It's fun and I can do it in front of the TV set in the family room!!!! Happy New Year!!!

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

What a marvelous artwork!
I wish you a happy new year.
Hugs Anja from germany

CarolD said...

Hi WEndy -- Your beeswax collages are just gorgeous!!